Judging Panel Announced and Nominations Open for Seatrade Maritime Awards Middle East, Indian Subcontinent & Africa 2020
27th July 2020
Seatrade Maritime is delighted to announce the judging panel for the 2020 Seatrade Maritime Awards Middle East, Indian Subcontinent & Africa. Nominations for entries are also now OPEN!
Now in its 17th year, Seatrade Maritime Awards Middle East, Indian Subcontinent & Africa celebrate the best practice and excellence in the maritime industry. Hundreds of winners have been able to use this accolade as a competitive differentiator over the last 16 years and hundreds more have made it to the short list highlighting their achievements and commitment to maritime excellence. There are 20 award categories in total recognising key technical, commercial and personal achievements from across the sector.
This year’s independent and impartial judging panel comprises industry experts with a wealth of experience in their respective fields. These experts are hand-picked and hold leading roles within their industry, bringing with them a breadth of knowledge to ensure that the most deserving achievements and initiatives are recognised.
Chairman of the 2020 judging panel is Tony Field, Vice President – Middle East & Africa Marine & Offshore at Lloyd’s Register. Tony started his career in shipping in 1972 and spent 22 years at sea including the last eight as Master serving on a wide range of vessels. He joined Lloyd’s Register in 1994 and managed the MMS for EMEA between 1998 & 2008, he then moved to Marine Area Management in 2008. In 2019 he joined the advisory company – Vention Global as a partner in addition to continuing his work with Lloyd’s Register.
In his role as Chair of Judges, Tony recently shared his views on the programme: “I think any industry should recognise excellence. I believe that recognising outstanding achievements helps companies to improve.
For example, I know many companies wish to tailor themselves on the best. And this could be in different areas depending on what part of the company’s operation it is. Whether it is safety, being commercially astute or agility to change, one may look for examples of best practises in different companies which excel in those areas.”
This year’s Seatrade Maritime Awards judging panel includes:
- Mohammad Abdulrazaq Alawadhi, Vice President – HSSEQ & Business Excellence, Drydocks World Dubai
- Rado Antolovic, PhD, Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director, DP World Maritime Services Division
- Shailesh Bildikar, Commercial Director, Tristar Group/ Emirates Ship Investment Company LLC
- Romesh David, Chief Executive Officer, South Asia Gateway Terminals
- Anwar Farah, Director HSEQ – DPA, Bahri Ship Management
- Fazel A. Fazelbhoy, Chief Executive Officer, Synergy Offshore FZ LLE
- Jasmin Fichte, Managing Partner, Fichte & Co.
- Susan Hunter, Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director, APM Terminals Bahrain
- Marcus Machin, Director, Tufton Oceanic (Middle East) Limited
- Mazen Matar, Managing Director, Arab Shipbuilding and Repair Yard Company (ASRY)
- Chris Peters, Chief Executive Officer, ESHIPS
- Harihar Prasad, Chairman, Nautical Institute UAE Branch & Managing Director, McQuilling Shipping Services DMCC
- Ali Abduljalil Shehab, Acting Chief Executive Officer, Kuwait Oil Tanker Company (KOTC)
- Ashik Subahani, Chairman, Royal Institute of Naval Architects UAE Branch & Managing Director, Great Waters Maritime LLC
It is critical that all entrants provide evidence and substantiate claims in their entries. Judges are looking for performance in context. Winning is less about big numbers and scale, and more about showcasing innovation, exceptional creativity and alignment with the category’s criteria.
Seatrade Maritime Awards Middle East, Indian Subcontinent & Africa is the most powerful maritime award programme in the region; providing an unmatched opportunity for all individuals and companies, big or small, to showcase their success. The 20 award categories focus primarily on the achievements over the last 12 months celebrating the companies setting new standards of excellence and innovation.
The final deadline to submit an entry for the awards is 27 August 2020. For more details, visit www.seatrade-middleeastawards.com