Introducing the Dyson CorraleTM the only hair straightener with flexing plate technology, in UAE and KSA
The Dyson CorraleTM straightener uses patented Dyson flexing plates that shape to gather hair, delivering enhanced styling with half the damage1, whilst also being cord-free. Achieve outstanding style anywhere, at any time – quicker.
Dubai, UAE. 18 AUG 2020. Powered by a relentless approach to research, experimentation and testing, coupled with the desire to constantly re-engineer and improve every day technology, the Dyson Corrale™ straightener – the first and only straightener with flexing plate technology that delivers an enhanced style with half the damage1, will now be made available in the UAE and KSA.
The only hair straightener with flexing plates, the Dyson Corrale™ straightener features pioneering microhinged plate technology, which flex to shape and gather hair, applying even heat and tension to all the hair strands in every pass and keeping them perfectly aligned, reducing the reliance on heat.
Suitable for all hair types, this unique styling tool also features Dyson’s Intelligent Heat Control for precise temperatures, together with 4-cell lithium-ion battery technology to deliver cord-free performance, allowing users to achieve outstanding style anywhere at any time.
“The Dyson CorraleTM straightener elevates styling results, while dramatically reducing the heat damage on hair. It builds on our learnings about the science behind hair health which we’ve been accumulating since we first started developing the Dyson Supersonic™ hairdryer.
We have been worried about the style results and heat damage from flat plate straighteners. We invented plates that flex and which conform to the precise profile of the tress, applying even heat and correct tension to all the hair strands, keeping them aligned. This means that we get an enhanced styling and without excessive heat damage.”
James Dyson, Founder and Chief Engineer
Science of Styling
The Dyson Corrale™ straightener has been engineered to provide outstanding styling, ensuring hair is better protected and maintains a smooth and glossy finish. Dyson has been researching into the science of straightening for almost a decade, investing over £100m into hair laboratories across the globe and employing thousands of hair scientists, engineers and professionals. These expert teams have studied in detail everything from the structure of hair to airflow dynamics whilst understanding thermal, mechanical and chemical damage – and the subsequent effects on hair health.
To straighten hair, a combination of heat, tension and control is required – heat to break the hydrogen bonds in the hair, tension and compression to reshape these bonds and control to apply the heat and tension evenly.
Dyson’s extensive testing highlights that flat plate straighteners can only apply heat and tension to the thickest part of the tress and this means that towards the edges of the tress there are loose strands which are not treated or tensioned. These become flyaways and are only brought into the tress through repeated passes, by which time excessive heat has been applied to the tress, which causes a reduction in hair strength, gloss and colour.
Pioneering Corralling Plate Technology
Dyson has developed a complex manganese copper alloy plate, featuring a carefully balanced amalgamation of six metals to provide the optimum flexibility, strength and thermal conduction. Each plate is precision machined to 65 microns – the width of a human hair – and tourmaline edged to produce ionising properties that help reduce static.
Unlike traditional straighteners, the unique flexing plates of the Dyson CorraleTM straightener mould to shape and gather the hair, giving the user greater control and therefore elevating the styling results, whilst reducing the reliance on heat. As the plates adapt to the hair, they apply tension more evenly and stop strands splaying. This greater control allows outstanding styles to be created with less reliance on heat, reducing damage by 50%.
Intelligent Heat Control
The Dyson Corrale™ straightener has three precise heat settings – 165°C (330°F), 185°C (365°F) and 210°C (410°F). These temperatures allow the user to tailor the settings to suit their hair type and desired style. This adaptability, combined with the increased control provided by the flexing plates, allows users to style at lower temperatures without compromising on the results.
Dyson hair scientists found that although temperature settings are present across the majority of conventional straighteners, the real time temperature being delivered from the plates can fluctuate significantly as the elements within the straightener respond to power source.
Much like the Dyson SupersonicTM hair dryer and the Dyson AirwrapTM styler, the Dyson CorraleTM straightener features Intelligent Heat Control technology. Using a platinum sensor, the temperature is measured 100 times a second. This technology communicates with a microprocessor which in turn controls the heating system delivering precise, accurate heat.
Four Cell Lithium-ion Battery
It is Dyson’s expertise in battery technology, born from development of cord-free vacuum cleaners, that has informed the cord-free capabilities of the Dyson Corrale™ straightener.
Powered by a four-cell lithium-ion battery, the Dyson Corrale™ straightener delivers the same thermal performance of a corded product with the cord-free versatility and universal voltage allowing users to style anywhere, anytime. A flight mode feature also ensures the device meets air travel standards and can be packed in cabin luggage for travel3.
The Dyson Corrale™ straightener fully recharges in just 70 minutes and provides up to 30 minutes2, cord-free styling wherever you are. Placing the straightener into the ergonomic charging dock at regular intervals whilst styling or alternatively attaching the magnetic 360° charging cable provides a hybrid charge mode for longer styling sessions.
- The Dyson Corrale will be made available directly on dyson.ae for AED1,999 and on www.sa.dyson.com for SAR2,369.
- The Dyson Airwrap™ styler launched globally in October 2018, and builds on Dyson’s expertise in hair health and science, and quickly became one of the fastest-selling Dyson products. Building on the launch of the Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer, it signalled Dyson’s move into hair styling and earned the nickname of “Wrap-star” from Vogue.
THE DYSON CORRALE™STRAIGHTENER
- The only straightener with flexing plates that shape and gather hair
- Engineered to deliver the same desired style with less reliance on heat, resulting in half the damage¹
- Cord-free functionality born from Dyson’s £1bn investment and pioneering expertise in battery technology.
- Dyson Flexing Plates: Patented precision engineered, flexing plates made from manganese copper alloy with 15 micro-hinged segments that flex and adapt to the hair, reducing frizz and flyaways4
- Heater System: Ground-breaking dynamic heating system that flexes with the plates and delivers three precise heat settings – 165°C (330°F), 185°C (365°F) and 210°C (410°F)
- Intelligent Heat Control: integrated technology to regulate plate temperature 100 times a second, ensuring precision heat accuracy
- Battery technology: 4-cell Lithium-ion battery for up to 30 minutes cord-free styling2 with the thermal performance of a corded straightener yet cord free, fully recharging in just 70 minutes
- Use corded or cord free: The Dyson CorraleTM straightener can be used either cord-free or corded, once attached to the 360° charging cable or placed in the ergonomically designed charging dock at regular intervals whilst styling
- Launched in March 2020, unveiled by James Dyson on 5th Avenue, New York City
- For more information, visit dyson.com or your nearest Dyson Demo Store
DYSON CORRALE™STRAIGHTENER IN NUMBERS:
- 7 years in development
- £25m investment in research and development
- £100m investment made to Hair Laboratories globally, employing hundreds of hair scientists, engineers and professionals
- Over 600 hours of user trials with real users, completed in 5 countries, including over 800 participants
- Half the damage¹
- 15 micro hinged facets per plate
- Each plate is precision machined to 65 microns thick – the width of a human hair
- 3 precise heat settings – 165°C (330°F), 185°C (365°F) and 210°C (410°F)
- Integrated Intelligent Heat Control technology regulates plate temperature 100 times a second
- 4-cell lithium-ion battery
- Fully recharges in just 70 minutes
- 360° magnetic charging cable