DEPACHIKA FOOD HALL ON PALM JUMEIRAH
COUNTS DOWN TO ITS FIRST FESTIVE CALENDAR
Foodie offers and gift hampers from 43 vendors; Christmas carols; meet Santa; and kids face painting are all on the roster
23 November 2020: Depachika, a novel concept inspired by the Japanese basement-level food halls on Palm Jumeirah’s Nakheel Mall, is counting down to its first festive calendar bringing together food offers and gift hampers from 43 retail and dine-in vendors, as well as Christmas events for the family.
“We’re looking forward to our first festive season since opening Depachika Food Hall earlier this year. A busy calendar of in-store family activations, special Christmas-themed food offers, and gift ideas await residents and visitors to Dubai. Our 40+ retail and dine-in vendors are backed by Dubai-based artisans, entrepreneurs and break-through talent so the choice is diverse,” said Sandy El Hayek, food & beverage manager, Nakheel Malls.
A selection of festive food offers and gift ideas available in-store and through Deliveroo:
- Depachika Food Hall: a taste of 26 retail vendors with a hamper of savoury and sweet goodies priced at AED350. Gift vouchers also available.
- Mamalu Kitchen: cooking classes from roasting turkey and baking mince pies, to canape making and table design; make-your-own edible food hampers; gingerbread cookie baking and edible Christmas tree ornaments for kids. Prices start at AED200 for two-hour cooking classes.
- Prime Gourmet: ready cooked hormone-free New Zealand roast turkey with all the trimmings for take-away or delivery – or frozen turkeys for home cooks. From AED200.
- The Cheeseroom: specially created cheese boards from AED200.
- Salmontini: buy a caviar tin from AED315 and receive ten blinis for free.
- Lakrids: a Christmas advent calendar of the world’s finest liquorice chocolate with a different flavour for every day. AED180.
- Kilikio by Mythos: Greek festive cookies of ‘kourabiedes’ shortbread and ‘melomakarona’ honey biscuits from AED80.
- Sugarmoo: build-your-own Christmas tree cookie sets; cookies and cakes galore with a choice of themes from a Santa, a snowman and reindeer to mistletoe and a wreath.
- Montone & Massimo Gelato: festive Italian panettone, starting from AED62 for 500g.
- Boon Coffee: a Christmas cold brew, a cinnamon caramel latte and a cranberry lemonade, from AED24.
- Dammann Frères: a special Christmas tea blend with notes of orange, cinnamon, vanilla, ginger and almond for AED65.
- Chef’s Play: 15 per cent discount on kitchen knives and cooking utensils for the month of December.
- Fade Fit Kids: 15 per cent discount throughout December on healthy kids snacks developed by popular radio DJ Kris Fade.
- Florette– Wreath workshop Dec 6th – From 350 AED (20 available slots)
A festive calendar of family activations:
- Friday 18th December & Saturday 19th December, 12 – 8pm: Santa Meet & Greet. In line with social distancing requirements, children can post their Christmas gift wish list into the mailbox.
- Friday 18th December, Saturday 19th December, Friday 25th December, Saturday 26th December, 12 – 8pm: face painting, arts & crafts for kids.
- Friday 18th December & Saturday 19th December – 2pm, 2.30pm & 3pm: an ‘a cappella’ Christmas carol choir performing for 15 minutes.
Call to action:
- Opening hours: Open daily 10am -10pm (The Climbing Goat, Boon Coffee and 1762 Bakery open at 8am). Also available on Deliveroo.
- Location: Nakheel Mall, Palm Jumeirah, ground level (next to Waitrose).
- Parking: Lower ground level.
- Telephone: 054 5827982
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/depachika.ae/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/Depachika.ae/
Full list of Depachika’s 43 vendors:
Lime Tree Café; Madame Choux; Sugarmoo; Boon Coffee; The Climbing Goat; Casa Della Pasta; The Cheeseroom; 1762; Saj2go; V-shakes; Kushi by Reif; Kilikio by Mythos; Moishi; Massimo’s Gelato; Salmontini.
Retail/ gifting (28):
Florette; The Lighthouse; Lakrids; The Truffelers; Royce Chocolate; Belvas; William Di Carlo; Little Greece; The Cellar Door; Chef’s Play; Prime Gourmet; Orient Delight; Mafnood; Sparkbake; Let’s Popcorn; Melange; Al Nassma; Basboussa; Ripe; Montone; Dammann Freres; Mamalu Kitchen; Protein Bakeshop; Fade Fit Kids; Cassinetto; Domori; Prestat; Maxime De Paris.
About Nakheel Mall (www.nakheelmall.ae)
Nakheel Mall opened in November 2019 in the heart of Dubai’s world-famous Palm Jumeirah, providing on-the-doorstep convenience for the island’s residents, a new destination for people living elsewhere in the UAE and a stunning new attraction for tourists.
The AED1.2 billion shopping and dining destination features 300 shops, restaurants, services and leisure attractions across five retail levels, as well as a three-level basement car park for 4,000 vehicles. The mall has its own Palm Monorail station, and pedestrian access from Al Ittihad Park and nearby residences.