ART DUBAI 2021: ICONIC NEW LOCATION,
NEW APP LAUNCHEDANDPROGRAMME DETAILS
- With a new location and extended dates, the 14th edition of the region’s leading art fair will take place 29 March to 3 April 2021 at Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC)
- New Art Dubai app allows visitors to book their visiting times, explore exhibiting galleries, artworks and view the full programme
- 50 galleries from 31 countries are participating in the fair, with a focus on artists from the Middle East and the broader Global South
- Art Dubai 2021 will present a new Film Programme, a curatorial project featuring single-channel films produced by 20+ regional and international artists
- A curated Sculpture Park will feature large-scale works by eight artists along the water paths surrounding the iconic Gate Building in DIFC
- Across the UAE, special events and exhibitions will be held by the local art community during the week of Art Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 17March 2021: The Middle East’s leading art fair, Art Dubai will stage its 14th edition in a purpose-built venue at the iconic Gate Building in Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC), 29 March to 3 April 2021.
Art Dubai will operate at the highest COVID-19 safety protocols; alongside standard procedures, including regular testing of participants, the fair has introduced extra precautions to manage capacity and offer a safe and flexible environment for all. These include extending the opening hours, adding an extra fair day and the newly launched Art Dubai App will allow visitors to book dedicated time slots in advance to guarantee entry.
The new Art Dubai App will also allow visitors to stay up-to-date with the latest news and announcements, explore the exhibiting galleries and artworks, view the full programme of exhibitions and cultural events happenings in galleries and public spaces across the UAE. From family-focused activities to cutting-edge, dynamic programming, a diverse array of activations will take place during the week of Art Dubai.
Featuring 50 leading Contemporary and Modern galleries from 31 countries visitors to Art Dubai 2021 can discovera diverse selection of artworks, artists and practices, reflecting the multicultural identity of the city along with a curated sculpture parkwith large-scale installations, featuring works byeight artists including Emirati Mohamed Ahmed Ibrahim and Hussain Sharif.
As part of this year’s curatorial projects, Art Dubai will also present a Film Programme comprised of various short films. Screening stations placed along DIFC’s Gate Avenue will feature single-channel films produced by 20+ regional and international artists,each thematically categorized to curate a specific experience for the viewer, including: Nature, Journeys, Dystopias, Conversations, Performances and Animations, among others.
Art Dubai’s Artistic Director, Pablo del Val, commented: “We understand culture as a priority and a necessity, even more so after this long pandemic. Our ability to understand the world and connect with it without the filters of a computer screen is more imperative than ever. This edition of Art Dubai invites us to do precisely that, to recover our senses and reactivate them through art.”