OPEN CALL FOR MUSICIANS: 100 CELLOS LIVE IN DUBAI 2022
The Italy Pavilion at Expo 2020 calls for cellists – professional, student, or amateur – to join 100 CELLOS LIVE IN DUBAI 2022 with two concerts on March 25th and 26th at the Jubilee Stage in Expo 2020 Dubai.
Born as an experiment in 2012, during the occupation of Rome’s historic Teatro Valle, 100 Cellos is an innovative ensemble of over 100 cellos founded by Giovanni Sollima and Enrico Melozzi, who are composers, arrangers, conductors, and above all cellists, who skillfully alternate and have fun as conductors and soloists.
Cellists – professional, student, or amateur – are welcome to join and perform at the concerts by filling out this form.
- Activities will start on March 22nd with three days of rehearsals.
- Participants will be granted accommodation, with check-in March 21st – check-out March 27th 2022. Details on the hotel will be communicated in due course.
- Starting from the meeting on March 22nd until the evening of the 26th, all expenses for board, lodging and transfers between hotels and the rehearsal and concert venues will be guaranteed by the organisers.
- Air ticket to Dubai with the instrument, which requires an extra seat, and transfers from the airport to the hotel, will be at the participant’s expense.
- More information about requirements and travel arrangements are available on this link.
- Application submissions will close on February 10, 2022.
The concert is promoted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, the Embassy of Italy to the United Arab Emirates, the Italian Cultural Institute of Abu Dhabi and the Italian Commissioner’s Office for the Italian participation in Expo 2020 Dubai.