Majid Al Futtaim Launches Ramadan 2022 Campaign Supporting Children in Need across the UAE
- Ramadan donations will be equally distributed to six different non-profit organisations serving children throughout the UAE
- Customers can donate through the SHARE app or at participating store cashiers
- SHARE will make a donation for every AED 150 spent by customers
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 6 April 2022: This Ramadan, the SHARE rewards programme by Majid Al Futtaim, the leading shopping mall, communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, has launched a campaign focused on helping children across the UAE. Working together with other Majid Al Futtaim brands, the campaign aims to provide every child with access to the basics of food, shelter, healthcare and education – supporting children and bringing comfort to those who need it the most.
All donations will be divided equally between the six non-profit organisations to create a positive impact and support children across a broad spectrum of needs. The six non-profit organisations supported by the campaign are:
- Emirates Red Crescent: Donations including food, school supplies, toys and clothes will support orphans and disadvantaged students in the UAE.
- Senses Centre: Donations will include all the basic supplies needed for children and youth with special needs, including food, clothes, and toys.
- Dubai Foundation for Women and Children: Donations will provide basic needs and necessities to children and their mothers in shelter.
- Al Jalila Foundation: Donations will support the vital treatment of young cancer patients across the UAE alongside ongoing ground-breaking research to save lives.
- Make-A-Wish: Donations will go towards making wishes come for children suffering from chronic or terminal ailments, along with their families and loved ones.
- Dubai Cares: Donations will ensure equal access to quality education for all the children in need across the UAE and beyond.
Charles Awad, Chief Customer Officer, Majid Al Futtaim – Holding, said: “This Ramadan, we have taken a strong stand to focus on helping children because we believe everyone should have countless great moments of happiness. Access to basic necessities should never be out of reach; to that end, we’re on a mission to provide essential items to children in need this Ramadan, from their meals and shelter to health and beyond.”
Customers can get involved by donating cash or SHARE points at Customer Service Desks in
Majid Al Futtaim Malls, VOX Cinemas, LEGO, Lululemon, Crate & Barrel and more. Customers can also participate by shopping in any Majid Al Futtaim mall using SHARE. Every time a customer reaches AED 150 in their spending, SHARE will make a donatation to charity.
– Ends –
Notes to the Editor: The legal name of this company is “Majid Al Futtaim” and should not be shortened or replaced by an acronym to avoid confusion with another business entity.
About Majid Al Futtaim
Founded in 1992, Majid Al Futtaim is the leading shopping mall, communities, retail and leisure pioneer across the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
A remarkable business success story, Majid Al Futtaim started from one man’s vision to transform the face of shopping, entertainment and leisure to ‘create great moments for everyone, every day’. It has since grown into one of the United Arab Emirates’ most respected and successful businesses spanning 17 international markets, employing more than 41,000 people, and obtaining the highest credit rating (BBB) among privately held corporates in the region.
Majid Al Futtaim owns and operates 29 shopping malls, 13 hotels and four mixed-use communities, with further developments underway in the region. The shopping malls portfolio includes Mall of the Emirates, Mall of Egypt, Mall of Oman, City Centre malls, My City Centre neighbourhood centres, and five community malls which are in joint venture with the Government of Sharjah. The Company is the exclusive franchisee for Carrefour in over 30 markets across the Middle East, Africa and Asia, operating a portfolio of more than 400 outlets including City+, the region’s first checkout-free store, and an online store.
Majid Al Futtaim operates more than 600 VOX Cinemas screens as well as a portfolio of world-class leisure and entertainment experiences across the region including Ski Dubai, Ski Egypt, Dreamscape, Magic Planet, Little Explorers and iFLY Dubai. The Company is parent to a Fashion, Home and Specialty retail business representing international brands such as Abercrombie & Fitch, Hollister, AllSaints, lululemon athletica, Crate & Barrel, LEGO and THAT, a Majid Al Futtaim fashion concept store and app. In addition, Majid Al Futtaim operates Enova, a facility and energy management company, through a joint venture operation with Veolia, a global leader in optimised environment resource management.
Please follow us on