MBZUAI to showcase AI for health, AI for education, and AI for climate at Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week
- MBZUAI will host expert talks discussing AI and the road to net zero from January 16-18
- Come learn about the impact AI is having on sustainability and climate change across various industries
Abu Dhabi, UAE, January 13, 2023: As Abu Dhabi Sustainability Week (ADSW) 2023 takes place under the theme United on Climate Action Toward COP28, subject matter experts from Mohamed bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence (MBZUAI) will host talks as part of its participation at the World Future Energy Summit (WFES). The talks will highlight AI’s problem-solving capacity in addressing challenges in climate change as well as sectors including education and healthcare.
In alignment with the UAE’s vision to reduce climate impact and find technology-enabled solutions to current social and economic issues, the university’s research focuses on AI for health, AI for education, and AI for climate.
“ADSW offers a platform to showcase MBZUAI’s research and the power and disruption that AI can bring to the issue of sustainability,” said Professor Eric Xing, MBZUAI President and University Professor. “As our research demonstrates, MBZUAI is poised to advance the UAE’s leadership in production, supply-chain, emissions reduction, policy, clean energy, and at the same time, push the frontier of development of new cutting-edge technologies for greener AI.”
Global impact statistics of AI across the three key themes:
- HEALTH: The global AI in healthcare market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 38.4% from 2022 to 2030 to reach $208.2 billion by 2030. Source: Grand View Research
- EDUCATION: Global AI usage in education is estimated to have an annual growth rate of 45% and is predicted to reach $12 billion by 2027 and reach $32.27 billion by 2030. Source: Grand View Research
- CLIMATE: AI can be used to help generate 5–10% reductions in greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, amounting to a total 2.6–5.3 gigatons of carbon dioxide equivalent gases (CO2e) if applied globally. Source: BCG Climate AI survey, May 2022
Earlier this month, MBZUAI contributed to the expansion of Malaria No More’s climate and health initiative alongside the Reaching the Last Mile initiative. The three parties signed an expanded partnership agreement to significantly strengthen the UAE’s long-standing fight against preventable disease and empower people to live healthier and more dignified lives.
MBZUAI researchers will be at the university’s exhibit (A190) to discuss their research related to climate, health, and education. A demonstration of real-world AI applications in healthcare will also be available for attendees to experience the power of haptic surgical technology. Visitors to the university’s exhibit can tune in to the onsite podcast series YouAI or subscribe to the series at mbzuai.ac.ae/youai/.
About Mohamed bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence (MBZUAI)
MBZUAI is a graduate, research university focused on artificial intelligence, computer science, and digital technologies across industrial sectors. The university aims to empower students, businesses, and governments to advance artificial intelligence as a global force for positive progress. MBZUAI offers various graduate programs designed to pursue advanced, specialized knowledge and skills in artificial intelligence, including computer vision, machine learning, and natural language processing. For more information, please visit http://www.mbzuai.ac.ae
To apply for admission, visit mbzuai.ac.ae or contact email@example.com