Art therapist and life coach Marie-Alex Saeeva shares five easy tips to help in
saving the nature at the Sharjah Children’s Reading Festival
For immediate release
Sharjah, May 12, 2023
If the world has to be cleaner, greener and sustainable, children need to be taught to love and respect the environment right from the beginning, according to a life coach who is imparting invaluable lessons to young visitors at the Sharjah Children’s Reading Festival (SCRF 2023), on how to coexist with nature; respect, cherish and protect it every day.
Certified by the International Coaching Federation, a Neuro-Linguistic Programming expert and founder of Rewire International, Marie-Alex Saeeva, has offered 5 easy tips that children between 5 – 10 years of age can imbibe, making mindful environmental choices second nature.
1) Reduce, reuse and recycle:Teaching kids the importance of reducing waste and conserving resources. Encourage them to reuse and recycle items like paper, plastic, and glass.
2) Plant a garden: Growing a garden is a great way to connect with nature and learn about the environment. You can plant vegetables, flowers, or herbs in your backyard or in pots on your balcony.
3) Turn off lights and electronics: Teach your kids to turn off lights and electronics when they are not using them. This helps save energy and reduces your carbon footprint.
4) Reduce water usage: Teaching kids to conserve water by turning off the faucet while brushing their teeth, taking shorter showers.
5) Learn about local flora, fauna & wildlife: Taking kids on nature walks or hikes and teaching them about the plants and animals in the area. This helps them appreciate and understand the importance of preserving the natural environment.
“If we need a better future for our next generation, we have to coach them right from an impressionable age. And it goes without saying that we have to show and tell; so parents need to lead by example,” said Marie-Alex Saeeva while offering these 5 expert tips.